Electronic Time Reports (ETRs)
- Complete your ETRs on UT Direct and submit them for approval by your supervisor by Monday. ETRs should be submitted in consecutive order.
- Account for an 8 hour work day. Exceptions may be made with approval for a flexible work week by your supervisor.
- Always use the notes section at the bottom of the ETR to explain exceptions. The more detail the better!
- Supervisors need to approve all time reports by close of business every Tuesday.
- Hourly employee time reports need to be submitted for approval to supervisors by the end of the work day on the fifteenth day of the month and on the last day of the month.
On-Call, Shift Differential, and Overtime Payment Schedule (2017-2018) Currently used by the following units: Business & Financial Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Facilities Services, Fire Prevention Services, Project Management & Construction Services, Technology Resources, and Utilities & Energy Management.
If you would like to receive payroll deadline reminders, please subscribe to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about time reports, please contact Human Resources Support Services and we will be happy to assist you. For additional information regarding timekeeping, please visit the Human Resources Timekeeping site.
The University of Texas at Austin provides employees with many types of time off. For detailed information regarding paid time off and unpaid time off, please visit the Human Resources Leave site.
Leave of Absence Without Pay (LWOP)
An employee who exhausts all eligible paid leave will be placed in a Leave Without Pay status. LWOP may be authorized as a result of an Approved Leave of Absence Without Pay (HOP 7.F.8), or as a result of coverage under the Family and Medical Leave Act (covered in HOP 7.F.4).
Unauthorized Leave Without Pay
An employee who is in LWOP status without the benefit of an approved Leave of Absence Without Pay or coverage under Family and Medical Leave is in an unauthorized status and considered unavailable for work. HOP 9.49 cites unavailability for work as unacceptable conduct for which disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal, may be imposed.
- Request HR Services
- Employee Resources
- Manager Resources
- Work Related Injuries
- Contact Us