In-Person Wraparound Training
TIEMH provides regular in-person trainings of the NWIC model of Wraparound. The trainings utilize a cohort-learning model, and include lecture presentations, demonstrations and skill-based practice sessions. Wraparound training targets those who will facilitate the planning process or involved in providing supervision: such as Wraparound Facilitators/Care Coordinators, Team Leads and Wraparound Supervisors. The training consists of a three part series:
- Introduction to Wraparound,
- Engagement in the Wraparound Process, and
- Intermediate Wraparound Practice—Improving Wraparound Practice
Trainings are designed to build upon the other, to further enhance skill in Wraparound.
An additional training is also offered, that is intended for Wraparound Supervisors and Team Leads. Training content includes a presentation of Wraparound supervisory tools and practices.
- Advanced Wraparound Practice—Supervision in Wraparound: Managing to Quality
Introduction to Wraparound
This is the first training of the Wraparound series. Through attendance at this training, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the critical components of the wraparound process in order to provide high fidelity wraparound practice,
- Practice these steps of the process to include eliciting the family story from multiple perspectives, reframing the family story from a strengths perspective, identifying functional strengths, developing vision statements, team missions, identifying needs, establishing outcomes, brainstorming strategies, and creating a plan of care and crisis plan that represents the work of the team and learn basic facilitation skills for running a wraparound team meeting.
Engagement in the Wraparound Process
This is the second training in the Wraparound series. Through attendance at this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify barriers to engagement,
- Develop skills around engaging team members and the family,
- Utilize research-based strategies of engagement for increased positive outcomes for youth and their families.
Intermediate Wraparound Practice—Improving Wraparound Practice
This is the third training in the Wraparound series, and is designed as a group-coaching model. Common implementation challenges are addressed in this training; however, topics can be adjusted based on individual, organizational, or state need. Through attendance at this training, participants will be able to:
- Practice and utilize tools in telling and reframing the family story,
- Pull out specific and individualized functional strengths for use in the planning process Identify underlying needs of the youth and caregiver,
- Practice developing outcome statements and strategies that tie back to the reason for referral and address underlying needs moving the family closer to attaining their vision.
Advanced Wraparound Practice—Supervision in Wraparound: Managing to Quality
This training is provided for Wraparound Supervisors, Managers and Team Leads. Through attendance at this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the essential elements of quality wraparound implementation,
- Develop an increased understanding of the role of the supervisor in quality wraparound implementation,
- Learn how to manage quality throughout the phases of wraparound implementation,
- Learn how to utilize supportive tools to develop quality wraparound practitioners, individualized and strength-based service plans, and team processes,
- Learn how to transfer knowledge and skills to the workforce.
Organizations Interested in Implementing Wraparound
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission has supported training for wraparound facilitators and supervisors working within contracted providers of YES Waiver programs. However, other organizations in Texas are also implementing wraparound with training and/or implementation support from TIEMH. If your organization is not a contracted provider of the YES Waiver, but is interested in establishing a wraparound program, please view the online training entitled ‘How to Implement Wraparound’, which is intended to prepare organizations for establishing a wraparound program. Interested organizations should also read and complete the Wraparound Training and Support Application, which provides further information about available implementation supports. Directions for submitting the application can be found in the document.