Neurobiology of addiction and co-morbid disorders
- Developing PKC epsilon inhibitors to reduce chronic pain, alcohol drinking, and anxiety.
- Identifying drug targets in PKC epsilon signaling pathways using ATP analog-sensitive kinase technology.
- Transcriptional profiling to repurpose drugs for treating addiction.
- Identifying neuropeptide circuits in the extended amygdala that regulate anxiety, fear and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Identifying drug targets within neuroinflammatory pathways activated by chronic alcohol exposure.