With six teams running fNIRS projects this semester and new labs preparing to join in the coming weeks, it’s important that we plan ahead for equipment availability and maintenance needs. To help gather this information, we are formalizing the process for scheduling new fNIRS projects with this brief, online project registration (UTmail account required).
In the past months, information about the project details, IRB approval, and equipment scheduling needs were gathered informally by email. Now all of this information can be entered in one convenient form, accessible (with a UTmail account) from the Reservations page. The answers you provide will help us to plan more effectively for future scheduling needs, report on the kinds of research we are doing at the Initiative, and apply for future funding to keep the equipment up-to-date.
- A UTmail account to log in
- Researcher’s name & Lab or PI name
- Project title
- A brief identifier (e.g., “BenTones1”)
- NIH-style project narrative (2-3 sentences for a general audience)
- Funding sources or plans for future funding applications
- IRB approval for fNIRS research (document upload)
- Equipment needed, location of use, and amount of time requested
When this form is completed, you’ll be able to schedule time on the NIRS system for your project. As always, please feel free to email Ben Zinszer with questions or concerns at any time in the process.