TITLE LOADING

faces-coverphoto-1

TITLE LOADING creates a live event that meshes Dan Deacon’s ‘America’ album and the question of “what are the effects of a self curated life?” The performance experiments with how we write our autobiographies online and how we wade through the authenticity of one’s self when we have personalities online and in reality.

The piece asks: “What will happen when my grandchildren find my Twitter account? What happens when my online self becomes my real self? How do I take the perfect selfie? What happens when someone finds that drunk photo from 2008?”

The piece was created by Hannah Wolf, a 2nd year MFA Director, Drew Paryzer, Jon Haas, Kelsey Vidic, Kevin Poole, Eli Weinberg, Bruno-Pierre Houle and Natalie Laboda, who have been working on it since November of 2015.

titleloading_2016showing-5118

“Natalie, Kevin, Bruno, Eli, Jon, Drew and Kelsey are all super smart and risk taking collaborators,” said Wolf. “We’re all trying to push the boundaries of what theatre is.”

TITLE LOADING is presented by the Cohen New Works Festival and the Fusebox Festival. Performance times are April 13 at 6 p.m., April 14 at 12 p.m., April 15 at 9 p.m. and April 16 at 4 p.m. in room 1.108 in the F. Loren Winship Drama Building.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share
Posted in Uncategorized