PACC Resolution to Defund APD
Download: PACC Defunding APD Resolution
- We think it would be more beneficial to the community if the City of Austin took $100 million dollars away from the police and gave it to community organizations and social services.
- The administration must meet with PACC students to discuss the racial climate at LBJ and further action which can be taken to improve the student experience for people of color.
- Create and promote anti-racist programming/webinars/educational series that addresses the entire LBJ Student Body outside of the work that the Center for the Study of Race and Democracy is already doing.
- Provide a diversity, equity, and inclusion mini-course for incoming students during orientation.
- Immediately implement the suggestions made from the faculty and students on the Faculty DEI Committee.
Anonymous Comments from Survey from Letter of Solidarity
Download: Anonymized Comments
- These issues span generations and began at LBJ’s inception and systematically continue until now
2020 LBJ Student Wages Report
Download: Student Wages Policy Report June 2020
- LBJ students aren’t paid in an equitable and fair way as compared to students in other departments
GPAC Resolution to Create D&I Position and Committee
- creates D&I position and committee
- The administration must add a team of paid student assistants under the D&I chair
- There must be a concerted effort to recruit students of color and black students starting by funding the paying finishing the class of 2015 PACC Alumni Fund which would create a fellowship for students of BIPOC
PACC 2020 Proposal for GPS Curriculum Reform
Download: 2020 Proposal for GPS Curriculum Change
- Students in GPS want a course that touches on Race, Gender and Sexuality to Match the MPaff Pilot
- Long Term Goal should be Core Course addition
- Short Term Goal should be a 70/30 ration of non-male, non-white, and non-western actors in GPS syllabi
PACC Proposal for Orientation Reform 2020
- Sample guides and exercises about how to run an orientation that includes Allyship, Anti-Racism, and that touches on gender, race and sexuality.