PEFSA is a University Resource Group established in the Fall of 2006 to promote the interests of LGBTQ+ and allied faculty and staff at UT Austin. All UT faculty and staff are welcome to join. Help us to make a difference!
The Pride and Equity Faculty Staff Association advances the educational mission of the University of Texas at Austin by cultivating a safe and inclusive environment that values, celebrates and affirms the sexual and gender diversity of UT Austin’s faculty and staff members. We strive to increase visibility and to encourage meaningful involvement of LGBTQ+ and allied faculty and staff within the campus community as well as to advocate workplace equity and to promote educational growth in a climate of mutual respect.
- To promote the welfare of LGBTQ+ faculty and staff and their allies at The University of Texas at Austin
- To provide a mechanism for faculty and staff to network and support each other’s work efforts
- To offer opportunities for faculty and staff to meet in culturally and socially supportive gatherings
- To organize informational workshops and training about LGBTQ+ issues
- To share university and community resources related to LGBTQ+ faculty and staff
- To provide a forum to exchange ideas and information with administration and the broader University community about LGBTQ+ issues on campus
- To focus on strengthening recruitment and retention of faculty and initial employment and career growth of staff