Ellie Studdard, Class of 2017

Ellie Studdard photoWhy I chose The University of Texas at Austin
After thinking for years that I would attend a different college of pharmacy, I chose to accept my offer from UT after having such a great interview experience here. The students and staff were incredibly welcoming, and I felt instantly at home. What I thought would be a stressful day was really a lot of fun, and I met great people who were passionate about pharmacy and UT. It didn’t hurt that UT was located in the great city of Austin and ranked among the top pharmacy schools nationally.

Why I love UT Pharmacy
Choosing to attend UT was one of the best decisions I have made. While pharmacy school is tough, everyone in the college is one big family and incredible supportive. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to make sure the learning environment is the best it can be.  The college values students’ feedback and makes changes based upon student responses. The rigorous curriculum, along with the many clinical opportunities we had during our first three years, prepared me for my fourth year of APPE rotations both academically and professionally.  

Activities
Undergraduate
     – Baylor University
Involvement
     – Secretary, National Community Pharmacists Association
     – Discussion group leader, Care and Respect for the Elderly program
     – Advanced Academic Assistant, Communications Lab

Posted in Admissions