Marilyn Mootz, Class of 2017

Marilyn Mootz photoWhy I chose The University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas at Austin is an academic institution where world perspective collides with academic excellence. Serving in a variety of practice settings with specialized pharmacist mentors ​has​ enlightened​ me to an exciting future career path. I am strongly and passionately driven to begin my professional career caring for the underserved patient population through clinical practice, teaching, and research​. My desire to becoming a pharmacist in this particular area ​propelled me to pursue this program. ​ UT provides student pharmacists rich opportunities, both in the classroom and the community, that are deeply-rooted in organizational involvement and academic experiences.

Why I love UT Pharmacy
Professionalism, integrity, and compassion are paramount in every professional practice I had while at UT. Through each experience, my love for UT stems from the ability of the curriculum and extracurricular activities to empower student pharmacists to serve their patients and the profession. There are abundant avenues for collaboration and ample opportunity to invest in community service, while learning and applying the clinical information learned in the classroom.

Activities
Undergraduate
     – Texas Christian University (biology)
Involvement
     – Vice President, Pharmacy Council
     – Vice President, Phi Lambda Sigma
     – UT Strategic Planning Committee
     – Student Pharmacist Intern, Tom Thumb Pharmacy
     – Private Tutor and Advanced Academic Assistant
     – Membership: TSHP, NCPA, APhA-ASP, Project Collaborate, ACCP, AACP

Posted in Admissions