When considering admission in the Pharm.D. program, it is important to understand that there are both Academic and Nonacademic requirements.
- A good place to start is determining which courses will meet prerequisite course requirements.
- Please check for guidance whether you are an in-state, out-of-state or foreign applicant.
- ALL applicants must complete prerequisite coursework.
- Applicants completing coursework at a Texas institution of higher learning can use the Transfer Course Equivalencies (Directory) to find the courses that fulfill our prerequisites.
- A proposed prerequisite curriculum can be found here.
- Applicants who have NOT earned a prior baccalaureate degree must complete ALL core, flag and foreign language requirements in order to receive a Pharm.D. degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
- The University of Texas at Austin has flat-rate tuition.
- Pharm.D. students pay a professional tuition rate.
- The University of Texas at Austin determines an applicant’s residency classification.