Fall 2019 Application Cycle
The University of Texas at Austin will continue to participate in the Early Decision application process for the Fall 2019 cycle.
Early Decision Application
Opens: July 18, 2018
Deadline: September 4, 2018
PCAT: Must have taken the July 2018 PCAT or earlier for application consideration
Interview Day: Sunday, October 14, 2018 (block this date on your calendar)
Details and instructions will be provided if you are invited for an Early Decision interview.
For more information on Early Decision, visit the PharmCAS website.
Regular Decision Application
Opens: July 18, 2018
Deadline: November 1, 2018
PCAT: Must take the September 2018 PCAT or earlier for application consideration
Interview Day #1: Saturday, January 26, 2019 (block out all three dates on your calendar)
Interview Day #2: Saturday, February 2, 2019 (block out all three dates on your calendar)
Interview Day (back-up): Saturday, February 9, 2019 (block out all three dates on your calendar)
Details and instructions will be provided if you are invited for a Regular Decision interview.
The Pharm.D. application process requires that you submit both the PharmCAS application AND a UT Austin College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application by the appropriate closing deadline. More information and needed links can be found on the Texas Two-Step Application Submission Process page.
Key Points to Keep in Mind
- If you are a Re-Applicant to UT Austin College of Pharmacy, you will need to submit all material required by PharmCAS.
- An “APPLY TEXAS” undergraduate transfer application is NOT required for Pharm.D. admissions.
- If you would like to be considered for undergraduate transfer admission to The University of Texas at Austin as well as admission to the Pharm.D. program (in case you are not admitted into the Pharm.D program), you must complete the UT Austin transfer admission application in addition to the Pharm.D. application process.
- If you would like to be considered for the Early Decision Application cycle:
- you must take the July 2018 PCAT exam no later than July 2018; registration for the July exams is open through May 11th (PCAT Important Dates)
- complete Organic Chemistry I by the end of the fall 2018 semester
- complete, pay, and submit both the PharmCAS and UT Austin Supplemental applications by the September 4, 2018 deadline.
- Academic performance
- PCAT scores
- Letters of reference (three required)
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge or experience with pharmacy
- Community involvement
- Organization experience and leadership
- Teaching, tutoring and/or mentoring
- Research experience
Applicants must be interviewed before acceptance can be offered.