The Pharmacy Association of The University of Texas initiated a project to have each class adopt colors and hats to improve class spirit. A hurricane hits Galveston causing vast destruction.
Reconstruction of campus buildings following the devastating 1900 hurricane in Galveston resulted in the first expansions and improvements to the school.
By Fall 1902, reconstruction efforts following the hurricane were nearly complete, and pharmacy and chemistry laboratories were returned to operating condition.
Completion of the Galveston seawall provided invaluable protection for the School of Pharmacy against future hurricanes.
Course work in the areas of pharmaceutical, medicinal, and analytical chemistry was added to the curriculum.
The Lambda Chapter of Phi Delta Chi was founded, representing the school’s first student pharmacy fraternity.
A National Syllabus Committee was organized to develop guidelines for pharmacy education throughout the United States.
The Texas legislature passed a bill establishing the State Board of Pharmacy to have jurisdiction over all matters of pharmacy throughout the state.
A Board of Regents’ appropriation to establish a botanical garden distinguished the school as one of the few to offer botanical instruction in this manner.
The demand for pharmacy graduates from the school was growing so rapidly that the school was unable to satisfy it.