The UT Board of Regents authorized the College of Pharmacy to operate the UT Student Health Center Dispensary.
The Longhorn Pharmacist, a student-published journal, became the official publication for the UT Pharmaceutical Association. It served as a forum for student ideas with enrollment now approaching 300.
The drug house was built at a cost of $750. The first gardener was a pharmacy student, James Bauerle, who subsequently served on the UT Board of Regents.
The Mortar and Pestle Club, the college’s first professional organization for women in pharmacy received a national charter and became the Xi chapter of Kappa Epsilon.
Government spokesmen announced that the combined military services would require as many as 10,000 to 15,000 pharmacists by the end of 1944.
The College of Pharmacy continued classes as usual during the war, although the college itself remained in the center of a UT System debate over its future location.
After much debate, the UT Board of Regents voted to retain the College of Pharmacy on the main campus in Austin.
Henry M. Burlage joined the college as Dean, replacing Dean W. F. Gidley.
The college offered its first continuing education programs in the form of hospital pharmacy seminars.
The Master of Science degree in pharmacy was established and paved the way for advancements in pharmacy education, while the first annual refresher course, now called the Pharmacy Practice Seminar, was held.