The Lester Entrepreneurial Scholars Program at The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is designed to prepare our students, in the professional and graduate programs, to develop entrepreneurial and innovative leadership and thinking skills to tackle healthcare issues in innovative new ways.
Miss our information session? Watch it here:
- Identify, nurture and promote entrepreneurship and innovation skills in student pharmacists and graduate students
- Promote innovative ideas that improve patients’ lives.
- Develop and grow a sustainable program that offers continuity for students and ensures that projects go from concept to development.
Students utilize entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and leadership to participate in developing new products and services.
Facilities and tools for design, prototypes, experimentations and collaboration.
Products and Services
The model for sustainability and continuity allows projects to progress with transitions of Lester Scholars.
The program consists of distinct tracks to help define the course of action to move a Scholar through the program.
- Pharmaceutical products (including drugs and devices)
- Technological products (including software and apps)
- Other physical products (such as engineering related)
- Pharmacy and healthcare services (to implement within an operating pharmacy or another healthcare setting)
- Independent pharmacy ownership and related services (students planning on submitting to the Good Neighbor Pharmacy NCPA Pruitt-Schutte Student Business Plan Competition need to apply through this program)
- Entrepreneurism and innovation within other healthcare organizations
- To develop and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues (including non-profit pharmacy services or other related non-profit healthcare ideas) that impact the health of society
Qualifications for Applying
The program is open to The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. and Ph.D. students. Pharm.D. students must be in their first, second, or beginning of their 3rd year of coursework. Applicants must have completed or soon will complete a Gateway Entrepreneurial Experience. See the FAQ for examples of eligible Gateway Entrepreneurial Experiences.
To apply online, go to the application page. Provide all requested information along with all requested documents. The application is due in full by: September 8, 2017 11:59pm
For More Information contact us at …