The Lester Entrepreneurial Scholars Program at The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is designed to prepare our students, in the professional and graduate programs, to develop entrepreneurial and innovative leadership and thinking skills to tackle healthcare issues in innovative new ways.
Applications for the Fall 2018 start are being accepted through April 15, 2018.
Results of the application cycle will be announced by mid-May.
Find out more information at the application page.
- Identify, nurture and promote entrepreneurship and innovation skills in student pharmacists and graduate students
- Promote innovative ideas that improve patients’ lives.
- Develop and grow a sustainable program that offers continuity for students and ensures that projects go from concept to development.
Students utilize entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and leadership to participate in developing new products and services.
Facilities and tools for design, prototypes, experimentations and collaboration.
Products and Services
The model for sustainability and continuity allows projects to progress with transitions of Lester Scholars.
The program consists of distinct tracks to help define the course of action to move a Scholar through the program.
- Pharmaceutical products (including drugs and devices)
- Technological products (including software and apps)
- Other physical products (such as engineering related)
- Pharmacy and healthcare services (to implement within an operating pharmacy or another healthcare setting)
- Independent pharmacy ownership and related services. Learn more about the pharmacy ownership track here.
- Entrepreneurism and innovation within other healthcare organizations
- To develop and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues (including non-profit pharmacy services or other related non-profit healthcare ideas) that impact the health of society
Qualifications for Applying
The program is open to The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. and Ph.D. students. Pharm.D. students must be in their first, second, or beginning of their 3rd year of coursework. Completion of a Gateway Entrepreneurial Experience is highly encouraged, however, not required. See the FAQ for examples of eligible Gateway Entrepreneurial Experiences.
Applications for the Fall 2018 start are being accepted through April 15, 2018. Results of the application cycle will be announced by mid-May. To apply, go to the application page. Provide all requested information along with all requested documents.
For More Information contact us at …