Dear 2015-16 preceptor faculty,
This is the next installment of our recently developed preceptor-faculty newsletter. These will be posted on this website should you wish to refer back to any of them. And as always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your regional director or me.
This particular message will address the items due at the end of the rotation, and areas of responsibility for both the student and the preceptor-faculty member.
By the end of each rotation–preferably by the last day, which is a Friday–or at the latest by the following Monday, all documents required in PhIRST should be completed and submitted by both the student and preceptor. These include evaluation form (two parts), the hour sheet, and the ten drug related problem forms (for any rotation involving patient care).
ADDITIONALLY, students are required to keep a portfolio for each rotation in Canvas®, our course management system. It is into this portfolio that students are required to submit all of the remaining documentation required for each rotation, including the mandatory Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS) form. These items are detailed and corresponding forms provided in each rotation manual:
- Acute Care: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/acute.html
- Advanced Community: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/community.html
- Advanced Hospital: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/hospital.html
- Ambulatory Care: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/ambulatory.html
- Elective: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/elective.html
- Selective: https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/p4/forms/selective.html
As with the forms in PhIRST, the student’s portfolio should be complete before you sign off on the rotation via the submission of the evaluation form.
Please consult earlier newsletters via the web link above for other topics of interest.
Until the next time,
Jennifer Ridings-Myhra, Assistant Dean