NOW WITH SITES IN AUSTIN AND SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS!
Starting July 2020, the H-E-B Pharmacy/University of Texas PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program will have 4 positions available in Austin and 2 positions available in San Antonio. The residency remains as 1 program. There will be 1 application and 1 interview process. We have 2 Match numbers(see below), therefore, resident candidates can rank each location independently depending on location choice.
RESIDENCY PROGRAM PURPOSE
To build upon the doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community-based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills who are eligible to pursue advanced training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY2) residencies and professional certifications.
RESIDENCY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The H-E-B Pharmacy/University of Texas PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program is dedicated to developing compassionate, confident, clinical providers of advanced patient care services in a community pharmacy setting.
For more information about this residency, please see:
GENERAL RESIDENCY INFORMATION
The H-E-B/University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy Community Pharmacy Residency Program was established in 2008 and is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacist, in partnership with the American Pharmacist Association. (Reaccredited for a full 6 year term in 2016.)
The residency program is designed and conducted in a manner that supports residents in achieving the following purpose and the required educational competency areas, goals, and objectives described in the remainder of the standards.
PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency Program Purpose: To build upon the doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community-based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills who are eligible to pursue advanced training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY2) residencies and professional certifications.
About the Residency Program
Length of Residency: 1 Year
Start Date: July 1
Positions Available: 4 positions in Austin, Texas, 2 positions in San Antonio, Texas
Please apply using PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application) at www.ashp.org/phorcas. All references and transcripts are handled through PhORCAS. Do not send any by mail.
Residency Match Program
- For more information, please visit: http://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/
- Program Code: 74009
- Match Code: 157115 (Austin) / 157121 (San Antonio)
Stipend and Benefits
- The University of Texas provides a competitive benefits package, including insurance, retirement benefits, as well as many other programs and services for employees. More information available at: www.utexas.edu/hr
- Residents will also be employed as a relief pharmacist with H-E-B Pharmacy with opportunities to work extra on personal time (i.e. moonlighting)
All candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or PharmD from an ACPE accredited school or college of pharmacy
- Texas Pharmacist licensure by August 1st is preferred and by September 1st is required
- Self directed, motivated, and committed to advancing the profession of pharmacy
- Commitment to pharmaceutical care in the community chain pharmacy setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Membership and record of activity in professional organizations
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Precision oriented and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must complete required H-E-B orientation and training courses
Nathan D. Pope, Pharm.D., BCACP, FACA
Residency Program Director
Learn more about our program by seeing what our residents and preceptors have been doing!