The Sheffield award, named to honor former Associate Dean William J. Sheffield, is the highest honor paid by the association. Each year it is awarded to recognize a particularly outstanding alumnus. The criteria for this award are:
- Must be a person who manifests an attitude of respect and compassion for mankind
- Is a person who recognizes and reflects the importance of their education at the College.
- Has demonstrated a continuing commitment to The University of Texas College of Pharmacy in any of the following ways: volunteering, teaching, philanthropy or precepting.
- Is a person of such integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown that the faculty, staff, students and alumni of the College will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Is distinguished in his/her chosen business, profession or life work.
- Is a person who manifests an attitude of respect and compassion for mankind.
List of past recipients
1982 Bill Dismukes
1983 Ron Gieser
1984 Joe De Leon
1985 Wm. Arlyn Kloesel
1986 Lonnie Hollingsworth
1987 Gene Vykukal
1988 Jean Sheffield
1989 John Carson
1990 Beverly Pond
1991 Tim Von Dohlen and Robert Gude
1992 Luther Parker
1993 Fred S. Brinkley, Jr.
1994 C. Moody Armstrong
1995 Tim Vordenbaumen
1996 Paul F. Davis and Leticia Van de Putte
1997 Hazel M. Pipkin
1998 Jaime N. Delgado
1999 Susan Bartlemay and Michael Lester
2000 M. Gay Dodson
2001 Marina Sifuentes
2002 Thomas Guidry
2003 Lena Malacoff
2004 Jennifer Ridings-Myhra and Rudolfo G. Davila, Jr.
2005 Jan Klinck
2006 David B. Garcia
2007 Oren Peacock, Jr.
2008 Celyna Delgado
2009 Robert O. Williams III
2010 John Kuhn and Marissa Schlaifer
2011 Donna Burkett
2012 Mark Zamutt
2013 Billy Wylie
2014 Ken Lawson
2015 Bethany Boyd
2016 Dan Acosta
2017 Jeanne Waggener
You may nominate someone for the William J. Sheffield Outstanding Alumnus Award through our online submission form or by downloading a pdf application.
For more information about these awards, please contact:
Elizabeth Cox, Assistant Director for Development & Alumni Relations
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
The University of Texas at Austin
College of Pharmacy
2409 University Ave.
Austin, TX, USA
Nominations should be mailed to the address above.