Click this link to download the Class of 2017 pledge form.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Class of 2017 Pledge Drive. This is the 7th year that UT pharmacy students are conducting this drive, and we are hoping to raise more money than our predecessors. Last year, the class of 2016 raised more than $76,000 in pledges. We know we can beat that!
This is much more than a competition, though. Through this pledge drive, we will raise money for critical programs at our College of Pharmacy. For example, you may choose to support the Class of 2017 Scholarship Endowment to raise money for student scholarships. You could choose to pledge to support the Dr. Leroy Knodel Fund, a student organization of your choice, or the Dean’s Excellence Fund.
Benefits of participating
- You can honor a loved one, possibly someone who helped you get through pharmacy school. Honorees will be notified about your generosity in a letter from Dean Crismon.
- Your donation will be acknowledged in the May 2017 graduation program (not the specific amount of the donation). If you choose to honor somebody with your pledge, an acknowledgment of this honor will be provided in a special section in the graduation program (unless you would prefer that this not be included).
- By making a pledge, you will receive a free lifetime membership to the College of Pharmacy Alumni Association, the only dues-paying alumni association at The University of Texas (the Texas Exes is a separate entity). You also will receive a complimentary ticket to the 2017 College of Pharmacy’s tailgate party during Homecoming Weekend
- All donations to this pledge drive are tax-deductible.
- Students may pool their pledges to raise the minimum needed to establish an endowment: $25,000. For example, some students may want to establish a Class of 2017 Scholarship Endowment that will generate income to pay for scholarships for perpetuity. Any established endowment would be commemorated with a plaque displayed in the pharmacy building and would continue to accrue money.
- This pledge drive is extremely flexible: you can make an outright gift or pledge any amount of money you desire. Gifts do not have to be large to make an impact.
- Pledge now with the understanding that you don’t have to make an actual donation until later. In fact, you have up to 5 years to make your first gift to the pledge.
State support for higher education has decreased while tuition has increased, all while the rigorous curriculum precludes many from working outside of school. Subsequently, pledges are more critical than ever to help students (your future colleagues) to receive the best pharmacy education possible. Your pledge supports your alma mater and serves as an investment to ensure that the programs remain strong and the value of a UT College of Pharmacy degree remains unparalleled.
Click here to read why private support of the College of Pharmacy is so essential.
Click this link to download a Class of 2017 pledge form.