Click this link to download the Class of 2018 Pledge Form.
This year, the Class of 2018 Pledge Drive Committee hopes to create an endowment scholarship in honor of our classmate Ben Reed. Ben was known for his faith, service, and friendship, and our goal is to create a scholarship that honors his legacy. Even though it’s been two years, there are days when Ben’s goofy jokes or kind smile have been missed. The committee hopes that this year’s pledge drive will serve as an opportunity for his peers, classmates, and friends to honor and commemorate him one last time.
Our goal of $50,000 will provide enough funds to create and manage a College of Pharmacy scholarship for a future student, meaning that we’d only need every member of our class to pledge $500. We appreciate your consideration in helping us honor Ben and his contributions to our lives, as well as alleviating financial hardship for a future student pharmacist at our college.
Benefits of participating
- You can honor a loved one, possibly someone who helped you get through pharmacy school. Honorees will be notified about your generosity in a letter from Dean Crismon.
- Your donation will be acknowledged in the May 2018 graduation program (not the specific amount of the donation). If you choose to honor somebody with your pledge, an acknowledgment of this honor will be provided in a special section in the graduation program (unless you would prefer that this not be included).
- All donations to this pledge drive are tax-deductible.
- Students may pool their pledges to raise the minimum needed to establish an endowment: $50,000. Any established endowment would be commemorated with a plaque displayed in the pharmacy building and would continue to accrue money.
- This pledge drive is extremely flexible: you can make an outright gift or pledge any amount of money you desire. Gifts do not have to be large to make an impact.
- Pledge now with the understanding that you don’t have to make an actual donation until later. In fact, you have up to 5 years to make your first gift to the pledge.
State support for higher education has decreased while tuition has increased, all while the rigorous curriculum precludes many from working outside of school. Subsequently, pledges are more critical than ever to help students (your future colleagues) to receive the best pharmacy education possible. Your pledge supports your alma mater and serves as an investment to ensure that the programs remain strong and the value of a UT College of Pharmacy degree remains unparalleled.
Click here to read why private support of the College of Pharmacy is so essential.
Click this link to download a Class of 2018 Pledge Form.