Welcome to The University of Texas at Austin!
With more than 150 research units, annual research funding that surpasses $600 million, as well as being the home for internationally recognized faculty members and researchers, we hope that you find everything you need for the duration of your postdoctoral work, right here at the University of Texas at Austin.
The Postdoctoral Office welcomes you and is here to guide you through your journey. We hope that you find our web-site useful and informative, and that you will let us know how we can made it better for you.Contact us at: Vice President for Research Office, FAC 426, 512.471.2877, firstname.lastname@example.org _______________________________________________________________________
Spotlight on Tax Preparation
- Overview of Tax Issues for Postdocs
- Free tax preparation for Austin area residents who make less than $50,000 a year (find a location near you): http://www.foundcom.org/contact-us/
- If your income is $57,000 or less file free with “FreeFile”: http://www.irs.gov/Filing
- Find answers to some tax related questions: AskUS
- Tax guidance for non-residents provided by the International Office: http://world.utexas.edu/isss/tax/
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website: http://www.irs.gov/
- IRS information for fellowship grant recipients: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc421.html
News & Highlights
See videos of featured postdocs as they share their experiences, advice, and plans for the future.