The Proteomics Facility provides services, self-service equipment, and collaborative research for the detection, characterization, and quantification of biomolecules. The facility labs are located in MBB 1.420 (ICMB) and PHR 1.110 (College of Pharmacy). The facility is supported by the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas Shared Instrumentation Award RP110782 and by institutional funds provided by ICMB, UT-Austin and the College of Pharmacy. We are participating in the UT System Proteomics Core Facility Network with instrumentation in Welch.
News and Announcements:
Friday, April 1 at 9 am Proteomics lecture by Maria Person in MBB 1.226
MALDI users note: The MALDI instrument is not connected to the internet, so bring a flash drive to move data. Copy the trace image to a file. Office programs are installed, but if the program asks for you to activate, click cancel and the program will open.
Core Services and Collaborative Projects:
- Protein/peptide molecular weight determination by ESI or MALDI
- High resolution intact and top down protein analysis
- Protein identification by LC-MS/MS and database search for individual gel bands and complex mixtures
- Relative quantitation of peptides/proteins with spectral counting, peak area, or stable isotope labeling by TMT or iTRAQ*
- Protein modification analysis for phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, ubiquitinylation, glycosylation, inhibitor binding, and chemical adduct site determination*
- Top-down and UVPD analysis of intact proteins for cleavage characterization, ligand binding, and modification analysis through Jennifer Brodbelt’s participation in UT System Proteomics Core Facility Network*
Self-service instrumentation available:
- HPLC and FPLC (4°C or room temperature)
- MALDI-TOF MS molecular weight determination
When using core services, remember to cite the Proteomics Facility in your publications, and funding source CPRIT RP110782 when work was at subsidized CPRIT rate, and send the citation to Maria Person. Continued support for the facility depends on documented outcomes.