The Proteomics Facility provides services, self-service equipment, and collaborative research for the detection, characterization, and quantification of biomolecules. The facility labs are located in MBB 1.420 (ICMB) and PHR 1.110 (College of Pharmacy). The facility is supported by the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas Shared Instrumentation Award RP110782 and by institutional funds provided by ICMB, UT-Austin and the College of Pharmacy.
News and Announcements:
Core Services and Collaborative Projects:
- Protein/peptide molecular weight determination by ESI or MALDI
- High resolution intact and top down protein analysis
- Protein identification by LC-MS/MS and database search for individual gel bands and complex mixtures
- Relative quantitation of peptides/proteins with spectral counting, peak area, or stable isotope labeling by TMT or iTRAQ*
- Protein modification analysis for phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, ubiquitinylation, glycosylation, inhibitor binding, and chemical adduct site determination*
Self-service instrumentation available:
- HPLC and FPLC (4°C or room temperature)
- MALDI-TOF MS molecular weight determination
When using core services, remember to cite the Proteomics Facility in your publications, and funding source CPRIT RP110782 when work was at subsidized CPRIT rate, and send the citation to Maria Person. Continued support for the facility depends on documented outcomes.
*If you are interested in collaborating on a protein modification or quantitation project, contact Maria Person.