Steve Hicks likes to say that the real secret of being a philanthropist is that you receive much more than what you give. Because he wants others to share in the joy of giving to social work, he has issued a $5 million matching challenge to create endowed scholarships at the Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
To get started, contact the Steve Hicks School of Social Work Office of Development at 512-475-6840 or email Carrie Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org
The rules are as follows:
- Give or pledge $50,000 or more (to be completed within five years).
- Steve Hicks will match the amount.
- The total amount creates an endowed scholarship fund.
- You get to link your name — or that of a family member, friend, or organization — to scholarly excellence at The University of Texas at Austin.
- An endowed gift is invested, never spent. Each year, a distribution — like dividends in a mutual fund account — will be made to the endowed scholarship fund you created.