True Colors® Tips

New Student Services staff use True Colors® to increase efficiency.

As the New Student Services (NSS) team prepares to welcome thousands of new Longhorns to campus, they are using True Colors® to get to know their team better. Together the group will introduce thousands of new students to the Forty Acres during Freshman and Transfer Orientation beginning June 6.

To learn new team building strategies, staff participated in a True Colors® Team Building workshop facilitated by Jennifer Zamora, University Unions, and Edna Dominguez, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, on March 31. The workshop offered staff the opportunity to explore effective communication and team building skills through an understanding of their colleagues’ True Colors® spectrum.

Here’s what one staff member had to say about the experience:

“Prior to the True Colors® Team Building Workshop, I had only done the introductory True Colors® class, so this workshop was a great way to learn more about my colleagues’ True Colors®. I came away with a better understanding of what my coworkers are looking for in a work environment and how I can be sensitive to their needs and help them do their best work. I think the workshop definitely brought us closer as a team, which is really important when you do the kind of work that we do.”
Gretchen Pierce, Manager of Communications, New Student Services

To reserve a True Colors® Team Building session, please email Jan Austin-Scott, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.

Edna Dominguez
Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs