Happy start of the new school year from the Division of Student Affairs True Colors® facilitators! Meet our seasoned and enthusiastic team of facilitators:
- Esmer Bedia, College of Liberal Arts
- Brooke Bulow, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Elaine Cosme-Petersen, Housing and Food Service
- Edna Domínguez, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Jaden Felix, Office of the Dean of Students
- KJ Harris, College of Liberal Arts
- Adrienne MacKenzie, Recreational Sports
- Nicole Olmeda, Recreational Sports
- Elisa Ramos, Office of the Dean of Students
- Katy Redd, Counseling and Mental Health Center
- LT Robinson, Housing and Food Service
- Marilyn Russell, Office of the Dean of Students
- Dylan Smith, University Unions
- Marian Trattner, Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Jennifer Zamora, University Unions
True Colors® is a fun and useful way to establish a common language and communication strategy across the Division. We are happy to announce that we will continue our True Colors® program by offering the introductory two-hour seminar “True Colors®: Keys to Personal Success.” This class is mandatory for all new staff. It sets the foundation for understanding basic personality theory and leads us to a stronger understanding of ourselves — our motivations and strengths — and helps us learn the value of working with our colleagues. The seminar is available in English and Spanish.
We will also offer the True Colors® Communication Workshop. In this class, we dig deeper into effective communication: recognizing introversion and extroversion, sources of motivations and barriers, listening styles and showing appreciation. Attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.
Supervisors can request the True Colors® Teambuilding Workshop. This class is enjoyable for teams because they review the True Colors® model, then participate in activities to brighten and blend communication skills. This workshop helps staff appreciate their teammates’ unique perspectives and contributions.
We hope to see you all in a workshop soon!
Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs