Reflections from Soncia

Soncia Reagins-Lilly, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students

The year is in full swing, and so are our programs and staff across the Division. To provide support for me and initiatives from my office, I’m excited to introduce three new staff in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.

I am excited to share that Carol Longoria is now serving as my deputy. She will manage and oversee the strategic priorities of my office and Division of Student Affairs. Carol acts as my liaison, maintaining close coordination of issues and programming with students, faculty, staff, parents and external entities. She has worked on campus several years, most recently as assistant deputy to the president. She also spent seven years as the public information coordinator for The University of Texas System. As an attorney, she has extensive experience in open government and higher education law.

Andrew Clark joins the team as the Division’s academic and policy administrator. He will oversee faculty and legislative affairs, as well as develop and coordinate policy analysis for Division initiatives. Andrew most recently served as senior budget and policy advisor to Texas House Speaker Joe Straus. Previously, he was deputy to Brent Iverson, dean of the School of Undergraduate Studies. As an undergraduate, Andrew was president of the university’s Senate of College Councils.

Virginia Luehrsen is onboard as our new student affairs specialist. She serves as liaison for student development and engagement. She will also coordinate special projects and conduct research and analysis relating to student life. Virginia was a graduate assistant in my office and the Office of the Dean of Students. She is a doctoral candidate in the School of Information who has been active in numerous student organizations.

Please help me welcome them to our team and feel free to reach out to better get to know them.

Hook ‘em,

Soncia

Posted in Uncategorized