What is CAB?
The Corporate Advisory Board (CAB) for the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Collegiate section at the University of Texas at Austin (SWE UT), is an elite group of corporate members that are working with the SWE UT collegiate leadership to improve the section and mentor its leadership. The purpose of the CAB is to:
- Assist SWE UT in establishing annual and long-term goals
- Present a source of knowledge, experience, ideas and continuum
- Provide financial support to SWE UT to continue and/or create programs such that the organization can realize its vision.
The CAB includes the current section officers, past/present SWE Board members, former SWE UT officers, and local corporate supporters of women in engineering.
Since its inception in 2008, with the support and assistance of CAB members, the section has successfully restructured the section’s corporate funding by reorganizing the annual events and remodeling the corporate package to better fund events during these uncertain financial times. We have aided SWE UT in adapting to changing regulations on campus and in the engineering department. The CAB provides an opportunity for the section to take a strategic look at and evaluate the programs, goals and procedures to keep the section healthy and successful. Task forces, set up by the CAB, work with section officers and committee chairs to redefine the section and take a valuable step towards a better future for SWE UT.
CAB Member Qualifications
To accomplish these goals, Members of the CAB must:
- Attend at least one of the two annual CAB meetings held on-campus at The University of Texas at Austin (or at a predetermined location in Austin). Meetings are generally held during the following times:
- Prior to start of Fall semester
- Prior to start of Spring semester
- Spring Awards Banquet
- Be committed to the existence and success of SWE UT and women in the field of engineering.
- Have knowledge of SWE UT, SWE Region C and/or SWE Society.
- Possess personal characteristics that complement the existing board.
- Provide personal interest, assistance and input in the form of e-mails or phone calls to selected SWE UT President or SWE UT CAB Officers at a minimum of twice per long semester.
- Be financially supportive of SWE UT through a recommended minimum donation of $100.