If you are an institution interested in participating in TARO, Contact the Chair/Vice-Chair of the Steering Committee.
You will need to submit the following information:
- Primary contact person: Name, email
- Repository name
- Repository Address
- Email: for reference questions
- Provide a repository logo image file.
- Provide a brief repository blurb serving as a general overview of the collections at the repository (About summary)
- Provide a URL to serve as an “about” link for the repository.
- Provide a URL to be used as information for patrons wanting to access materials at the repository (This can be the same as the “About” URL).
- Provide MARC Organization code to be encoded into EAD
- Search Organization Codes (http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/org-search.php)
- Request a new Code (http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/form-eng.html)
Requirements for Participation
Potential participating institutions must have:
- Collections with finding aids described on TARO should be in the legal custody of their respective institutions
- Adequate staff to support ongoing work and governance of TARO, at a minimum, providing one representative who can be engaged in the TARO community listserv and serve as a repository point person for any errors or other finding aid questions which may arise
- Collections that are open and accessible to the public for the purpose of education, research, and/or public programming, as evidenced by the number of days on which the institution is open to the public, the capacity to support access and use, and the availability of staff for this purpose
- Willingness to release copyright of finding aids so the metadata can be shared on aggregators like ArchiveGrid.