The Alec Beck Endowed Scholarship was created to provide scholarship awards to deserving students attending UT Austin with first preference for students whose parent or step-parent is, or has been, incarcerated in or on parole from The Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Consideration may also be given to students who have a parent or step-parent incarcerated in or on parole from any incarceration facility or system.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Alec Beck Endowed Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1