The Doug and Helen Benton Endowed Scholarship is used to provide scholarship support for undergraduate students who lost a parent or have a parent in military service. Recipients must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Students enrolled in the College of Education will be given first preference. Financial need and merit should be considered.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Doug and Helen Benton Endowed Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1