The John and Catherine Early Endowed Scholarship is intended for students who are the spouse, child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a disabled veteran of the United States Armed Services, with a service-connected disability. If no students meet the initial criteria, consideration is given to the spouse, child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Services. Applicants must be undergraduate students and maintain a GPA of 2.8.
How to Apply
- Complete the UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application by March 15 to be considered. (Application opens in early November.)
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by March 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit documentation verifying applicant’s relationship to a service-connected disabled veteran and/or an honorably discharged veteran. Must be received in the Office of Financial Aid by March 15.
Documentation should include:
- Copy of applicant’s birth certificate
- Copy of relative’s discharge papers.
- Brief letter explaining applicant’s relationship to relative, their service-connected disability (if applicable), date of honorable discharge, and branch of United States Armed Services and dates served.
Mail requested documentation to:
Attention: John and Catherine Early Endowed Scholarship Committee
Office of Financial Aid, Scholarship Section
The University of Texas at Austin
100 West Dean Keeton Street, E3700
Austin, TX 78712-1712