The John L. and Marilyn A. Hern Endowed Scholarship ranges from $500-$1,000 and is awarded to undergraduates who attended Mendez Middle School in Austin, Texas. Applicants must demonstrate financial need for consideration.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by March 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: ApplyTexas scholarship application, by December 1
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the John L. and Marilyn A. Hern Endowed Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1