Laverne Noyes Foundation Scholarships are renewable scholarships, awarded to a limited number of qualified students registered at The University of Texas at Austin, who are blood descendants of individuals who rendered service in World War I between April 6, 1917, and November 11, 1918 and whose service was terminated by death or honorable discharge. Blood descent does not result in an automatic award. Financial need will be used to distinguish among applicants. Scholarship amount will not exceed tuition and fees generally charged to all students.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Laverne Noyes Foundation Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1