The Jean Perkins Foundation has approved a grant in support of undergraduate students at The University of Texas who are active duty or honorably discharged veterans. Scholarships of $5,000 per year will be awarded for up to 50 undergraduate veterans who have served in the United States Military and were honorably discharged.
- Must be enrolled in 12 or more hours in an undergraduate degree program or be at least ¾ time with an approved course load reduction through Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress towards a degree.
- Preference may be given to veterans with greatest need and those veterans who served in a DOD designated combat zone.
- Students must provide intent/proof that they are/will be participating in an internship, academic research, professional shadowing program, co-curricular certificate program, Business Foundations minor, five professional development events, a leadership role in a Student group/student government organization, or other programs approved by the Jean Perkins Scholarship Committee.
How to Apply
- Complete and return the Jean Perkins Foundation Combat Veteran Scholarships Application (PDF).
- Submit a legible copy of the DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
- Include a letter explaining your involvement/intent to take part in one of the previous requirements.
- Submit the completed application and the DD214 no later than December 8, 2017
Mail completed application and DD214 to:
Student Veteran Services
The University of Texas at Austin
100 West Dean Keeton Street, A5800
Student Services Building, 4.472
Austin, TX 78712-1712