The Texas Was Good to Us Scholarship was created to provide scholarship awards to students who were wards of the state of Texas. Preference will be given to students that are sophomores and above.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Texas Was Good to Us Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1