The Sarah Vandong Memorial Scholarship funds are to provide support for undergraduate students who are bilingual speaking Bisayan, Cantonese Chinese, Korean, Laotian, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Taiwanese, Thai and/or Vietnamese. Once qualified students have been identified, final selection shall be based on the following preferences in list order: Students who are studying for a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Health, students who graduated from Klein High School in Houston, Texas, and students with financial need.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by March 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Entering Freshman Students
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application (Admissions & Scholarships sections) for The University of Texas at Austin by December 1 of your senior year in high school. (Application opens August 1.)
- Complete all Financial Information, Essay Topics required by Admissions, and select “Sarah Vandong Memorial Scholarship” on Page 5 of the Scholarship Section.
- Complete the Vandong Scholarship Question in the Custom Questions part of the Scholarship Section.
Continuing and Transfer Students
- Complete the UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application by March 15 to be considered. (Application opens in early November.)
- Verify that you speak at least one of the qualifying languages by selecting the Vandong Scholarship in the application.