The Wagner Scholarship was created to benefit the children of active officers of the Fort Worth, Texas Police Department and the children of retired, deceased, or disabled officers of the Department who are or were in good standing at the time of their departure. Applicants must be undergraduate students enrolled for full-time hours at UT Austin. Applicants must also be in good academic standing and have proven success toward the timely pursuit of their degree requirements. In cases where more than one applicant applies, financial need is considered, with preference given to qualifying students with the greatest need.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Wagner Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1