One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Community Outreach Internship
BBBS is seeking one intern for the Spring 2015 semester who can work a minimum of 12 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but may be available for course credit.
- Assist on-site and off-site in both administrative and outreach activities
- Duties include data entry, phone and email correspondence with clients and community leaders, and related organizational tasks
- Community outreach to Big Brothers Big Sisters’ clients
- Assist in set-up and tear-down for community outreach events
Applicant must be a recent graduate or current college student. The following qualifications are highly preferred, but not required:
- Must be flexible and able to manage stress during unpredictable situations
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, and efficiently manage one’s time
- Excellent communication skills with open and respectful attitude with people from various walks of life
- Computer literacy required, comfortable utilizing Microsoft Office programs and navigating the internet
- Reliable transportation to and from BBBS, valid driver’s license required
- Sincere interest in the work, programs, and mission of the BBBS organization
- Eager to learn the operational functions of a nonprofit organization
- Comfortable creating and delivering presentations
- Available to work on a committed weekly schedule with a minimum of 12 hours a week for at least one semester. Ideal candidate will be available for occasional evening/weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to Veronica Fox at VFox@bigmentoring.org. (Subject line should read “Community Outreach Internship”). Please, no phone calls.