Join Dr. Monisha Arya’s HIV Testing Research Team!
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM)
When: Tentative start date: July 1, 2015. End date: June 30, 2016
Hours: 4 days per week (32 hours) This is a paid position.
What: Help lead a research team engaged in developing HIV testing campaigns for patients and for physicians.
- Serve as the Team Leader for developing a mobile health (mHealth) HIV testing text message campaign for traditionally underserved patient populations
- Survey and interview research participants to determine campaign preferences
- Assist with data analysis
- Assist with writing manuscripts for publication
- Assist with the design and pilot-testing of a mHealth campaign for patients and a traditional media campaign for physicians
- Coordinate all aspects of the research projects including:
- Update and maintain BCM Institutional Review Board protocols
- Provide research updates at weekly research team meetings
- Conduct literature searches and reviews
- Schedule research-related meetings with research team and with research sites
- Serve as the liaison between the research team and staff at research sites
- Excellent communication skills required
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced academic research environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Vehicle required; research site clinics are ~ 10-15 miles away from Texas Medical Center
Interested? Please send:
- C.V. plus 3 references (name, email, phone #)
- 1 page description of your skillset and your interest in this opportunity
- In the subject line of your correspondence, please include HIV Testing Campaign Research Coordinator
Please send materials to Ms. Ember Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).