Texas Advocacy Project is a non-profit organization providing free legal services to victims of domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking throughout Texas.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Development Intern, Austin
Application Due: August 7th, 2015
Texas Advocacy Project is looking for a fall semester intern to assist the development team with preparing for fundraising events and campaigns. The intern will be assisting with major development events such as our Black & White Ball, and our end of year funding campaigns. This internship will provide opportunities to build important skills surrounding non-profit development and event planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and takes initiative
- Commitment to the values of Texas Advocacy Project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work 10-15 hours a week
- Previous non-profit development experience
- Experience with Greater Giving or other donation databases
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content marketing
The intern will work the Development Team to:
- Assist in the planning and preparation of special events
- Conduct individual donor research, including prospect research
- Track and enter fundraising information into database
- Draft and deliver donor communications materials
- Assist with solicitations to diverse audiences
- Additional tasks as assigned
This internship is unpaid, however college credit is available upon request. This internship will also provide valuable knowledge of non-profit operations, how to fundraise, and legal perspectives of domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Josh Kivlovitz at JKivlovitz@TexasAdvocacyProject.org by August 7th.