- Communications—contribute to social media, the agency blog/website, and external communications.
- Community Relations—serve as a representative of GEN in the community, table at outreach events, and assist with the recruitment, screening, and training of agency volunteers.
- Direct Service—contribute to curriculum review and revision, provide support on-site with programming, and facilitate groups at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Fundraising—assist with projects necessary to sustain programs for girls and gain valuable skills in a nonprofit Development Department.
Each of these internship positions can also contain a direct service component, helping to lead our self esteem building programs with girls, if desired.
GEN is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GEN, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week. Please use the application form to specify which areas of our work you are most interested in. Thank you for considering GEN for your internship! To apply, download the application form GEN Internship Application, fill it out and send it to email@example.com.
Internship Application Procedures
Applicants are interviewed and selected on a rolling basis.
1) Please save your internship application and your resume using the following naming system. Application: Lastname_Internship_Application.doc
Resume: Lastname_Internship_Resume.doc (submission optional)
Notice: GENaustin DOES NOT accept paper, mailed or faxed applications. Please use an appropriate word processing program such as MS Word to submit your application materials. Also, please note that submitting a resume is option