Pediatric Coping & Language Lab
Undergraduate Research Assistant Position for Community-based study
Brief overview of the research study: This community-based participatory research study seeks to collaborate with both members of the Latino community in Austin as well as those who serve the Latino community, to gain a better sense of stressors currently impacting Latino teens. This research will then inform later intervention utilizing community member feedback and partnership.
- Transcribing qualitative interviews (both English and Spanish interviews).
- Potentially conducting qualitative interviews with community members within the surrounding Latino community.
- Assisting with outreach in the Latino community.
- One year minimum commitment and can work a minimum of 8 hours a week, with occasional weekend availability.
- Must have interest in gaining experience in psychology/community-based research.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and sophomore standing.
- Familiarity with Excel.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
- Experience working with Latino teens/families
- Familiarity with qualitative research
- Major in psychology, social work, or related field
If interested, please submit cover letter with relevant experiences and how this project relates to your interest/future goals. Also feel free to contact if you have any questions.
**Course credit available**
Contact Lauren Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org