The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas, a leader in the fight against hunger for more than 30 years, is currently hiring for a number of internship and fellowship positions.
The Social Media intern will focus on brand recognition, constituent acquisition, and community building online. They will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Communications team to develop and execute a growth strategy that results in additional “Likes,” “Follows,” and more.
- Interaction with multiple departments across the organizations
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to develop and execute strategy for Social Media growth
- Produce and manage online content
- Track growth across Social Media channels
- Create and manage lists of constituents, peers, and “thought-leaders” on major platforms
- Communicate online in a professional manner on behalf of the Food Bank
- Engage with MC team during planning and execution of online campaigns
- Planning and execution of Social Media Contest, with lead generation as goal
- Suggested re-targeting for different Social Media Channels
- Analysis and reporting on individual channels
Education, Experience, and Training
- Must be Junior, Senior, or Graduate level college student in field of study
- Communications, Marketing, Computer Science, Business, or related course work required
- Proven experience with and understanding of major Social Media platforms
- Social Media experience with an online “brand” a huge plus
- Be open to working some nights and/or weekends
- Outgoing, confident, and personable online attitude
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of and experience with the major online Social Media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Graphic Design skills a plus
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as aneffective team member and follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions
- Experience with online automation a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
• Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry up to 25 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.Please click on the following link to apply for the position: