SIX SQUARE Community Center is a fast-paced, community based organization that works to create programming, activities and events that strengthen families. We partner with other community based organizations, universities and individuals to develop strategies, relationships and programs that will combat and eliminate gaps in services that disrupt family unity.
SIX SQUARE is seeking applicants for a Communications Internship opportunity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Intern will assist staff in the accomplishment of project goals through research support activities, and minimal administrative and clerical assistance. We seek highly motivated individuals who will gain graphic design and advertising experience. This paid internship will provide the opportunity for networking and great hands on experience producing online and print graphic design and advertising projects. Light administrative duties will be required on occasion. Intern will be engaged in work in the following areas:
· Creating invitations, print advertisement, flyers and online advertisement designs
· Formatting and designing online newsletter
Social Media Marketing:
· Keeping website and social media content up to date
· Posting events to online news and community calendar outlets
· Preparing and submitting press releases for upcoming events
· Assisting in writing and developing content for online newsletter
SUPERVISION: The Intern(s) will report to the appropriate Program Manager
HOURS: To be determined
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participating in research strategy meetings and discussions
· Contributing to research reports
· Inputting data when necessary
· Work closely with staff, and various project coordinators to promote events through online, print resources and various media/news outlets
· Develop policies and procedures for how all events will be publicized
· Some administrative and clerical assistance as necessary
· Strong creativity and problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills, written and oral
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to work in a team as needed
· Strong organizational skills
· Competence in the use of Microsoft Office, InDesign and Photoshop
· Competence with social media including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
· Ability to learn Constant Contact or MailChimp
· Experience maintaining websites
Intern will gain well-rounded, professional experience in graphic design, public relations and social media marketing. Additionally, intern will work with a dynamic staff who are dedicated to making a positive contribution to the cultural art scene in Central East Austin and beyond.
HOURS PER WEEK
10 hours per week
1152 San Bernard Street
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume, and include ‘’Communications Intern” in the subject line, to director@SixSquare.org.
Please indicate in your cover letter the days/times and total number of hours per week you would be available.