Hours: 20 hours per week (Fall Semester September – December, with opportunity to extend a semester)
ABOUT MISSION CAPITAL
Mission Capital is an Austin-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise with a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about multiplying the impact of other mission-driven leaders and organizations. We believe that our community’s most complex challenges can and should be solved, and we provide the tools and guidance needed to tackle these issues and create lasting social change. We help bring together the best that each sector has to offer: proven programs, innovative approaches to problem solving, business savvy, political will and long-term commitment to mission and purpose.
We operate under six core organizational values: collaboration, continuous innovation, service excellence, trusted relationships, active learning, and team connectedness. Learn more about Mission Capital at www.MissionCapital.org
The Partnership Intern is an organized and detail-oriented individual who can successfully prioritize and execute administrative, research and project support of activities that focus on the cultivation and stewardship efforts of the Strategic Partnerships team. The Intern is supervised by the Director of Strategic Partnerships and will support the efforts of all team members including the Development Membership Associate, Membership Manager, Grants Manager, and SVP Fellow.
This is a 20-hour per week internship. The schedule has some flexibility, but ideally the candidate would be available at least 3 days per week. Final schedule will be determined prior to hire date with the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Partnership Intern works closely with the Strategic Partnerships team to support the facilitation of cultivation and stewardship of various members, donors, and corporate/foundation partners.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to professionally represent Mission Capital
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills
- An internal drive to produce high-quality work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, fluid environment with multiple goals and deadlines
- A high degree of professional competence and integrity
- A “team player” attitude and alignment with Mission Capital’s core values of collaboration, service excellence, trust, learning, innovation and connectedness
- A respectful and collaborative approach to fostering relationships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external.
This is a part-time position with a competitive rate (based upon relevant experience). Mission Capital is located in UFCU Plaza at the intersection of Steck Boulevard and Mopac Expressway, Austin, Texas. Building amenities include free gym and locker room access (recently remodeled), a grab-and-go café, free, covered garage parking, fob access, and onsite security and maintenance staff.