Email this completed application and your resume to Kat@MiracleFoundation.org by Thursday, December 13th. You will hear back from us by Wednesday, December 19th. Please include your full name and the application cycle in the email subject line (ex: Jane Smith Spring 2018 Internship Application).
Since our founding on Mother’s Day in 2000, the Miracle Foundation has taken a stand for orphaned children. Our “Child First” approach is multi-faceted, collaborative and community-based:
- 80% of children living in institutions have a living relative. We make every effort to reunite these children with their birth family, if possible.
- For abandoned children without family — our measurable, systematic method ensures that children are loved, educated, healthy and safe until they transition to a permanent family.
- We actively collaborate with governments, other non-profits and local family-strengthening organizations to transform systems and give children a voice.
Our interns gain an inside opportunity to learn how to run a nonprofit that makes an impact for the world’s orphaned children.
Responsibilities vary, but are generally in one of the following areas: Office Administration, Development, and Programs. We do our best to find work that suits your interests and develops your expertise.
- Our Office Administration Intern will work with our Systems Manager to complete various administrative tasks, create process documents, track departmental progress, and more.
- Our Development Intern will work with our Development Coordinator to plan events, analyze fundraising data, develop fundraising campaigns, research funding prospects, and more.
- Our Programs Intern will work with our Director of Global Programs and Program Coordinator to input and analyze data, create and improve programs, and more.
Requirements: We offer both formal (for class credit) and informal internships. Interns are expected to donate at least 10 hours/week of their time and exemplify the following qualities:
- Global perspective, belief in our mission, and a passion for making a difference
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organized and detail-oriented, with effective time-management skills
- Strong work ethic, the ability to follow through, and a willingness to do what needs to be done, no matter how large or small
- Dependable, self-motivated, and conscientious
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude
- Professional, prompt, and dresses appropriately
- Must be 18 or older.
If you have any questions, email or call our Systems Manager Kat Jones at Kat@MiracleFoundation.org or (512)-329-8635