GRANTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION OPEN
Humanities Texas is the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Our mission is to advance education through programs that improve the quality of classroom teaching, support libraries and museums, and create opportunities for lifelong learning for all Texans.
Grants Administrative Assistant
Humanities Texas seeks to hire a grants administrative assistant. Our grants enable communities throughout the state to develop programs of local interest promoting heritage, culture, and education. Since 1974, we have awarded more than 4,000 grants supporting a wide range of public humanities programs, including lectures, oral history projects, museum exhibitions, teacher institutes, reading programs, and documentary films. More information about our grants program is available online: www.humanitiestexas.org/grants.
The grants administrative assistant will report to the director of grants and education but work closely with the organization’s other grants and finance staff. This full-time position features a benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance and a 403b retirement plan.
• Track grant applications and funded projects using the in-office Filemaker Pro database.
• Manage all grants-related correspondence and documentation.
• Answer questions about the HTx grants program and assist applicants in submitting grant proposals that comply with HTx guidelines.
• Assist current grantees with administering their grants in a timely manner.
• Support HTx’s transition to an online grant application and management system.
• Compile program-related statistics.
• Prepare materials for meetings of the Humanities Texas board and its grants committee.
The position will also require general administrative responsibilities; occasional weekend work; in-state travel; and, at peak periods, support of other HTx programs.
• BA/BS degree, preferably in the humanities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, maintain deadlines, and produce high-quality work.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work collegially with fellow staff and to establish service-oriented, helpful relationships with HTx partners and constituents.
• Proficiency with word processing, email, spreadsheet, and database software.
• Interest in and enthusiasm for the humanities, particularly public humanities programming.
Other desirable experience
• Familiarity with cultural and educational organizations in Texas.
• Experience with FileMaker Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and online content management systems.
How to apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and names of three professional references (all in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “grants admin assistant” in the email subject line. Preliminary review of applications will begin immediately.
Humanities Texas is an equal opportunity employer.