Texas Civil Rights Project – Intake Specialist Internship
At Texas Civil Rights Project, we are Texas lawyers for Texas communities. We use legal advocacy to empower Texas communities and create policy change. In our twenty-eight-year history, we have brought thousands of strategic lawsuits and campaigns, defending voting rights, reforming systems of criminal justice, and fighting institutional discrimination in pursuit of racial and economic justice. Our efforts have helped countless low-income and otherwise marginalized Texans and have widely advanced equality and justice. Today—with dozens of high-caliber attorneys and professionals around the state and an extensive network of pro bono counsel and community allies—TCRP is among the most influential civil rights organizations in Texas.
Primary roles & responsibilities
- Conduct short informal interviews with TCRP’s potential clients by phone
- Refer potential clients to appropriate resources
- Schedule and conduct formal intake interviews
- Maintain potential client files with our intake management system
- Work on other case or investigation-related projects as available or assigned
TCRP has proudly hosted BDP students for several years in formal for-credit, and informal non-credit internships and volunteer opportunities. For questions about our internship program, or to submit your resumé, please contact Rolando Pérez at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!