About The Rise School of Austin
Our mission is to provide the highest quality early childhood education for all children — gifted, traditional, and developmentally delayed — in an inclusive setting, where individualized learning techniques enable every child to achieve their maximum potential.
The Rise program is a nationally recognized early childhood education model with three major goals:
(1) To provide children with a developmentally appropriate curriculum enhanced by individualized services and supports.
(2) To provide family-centered services designed to meet the needs of all children and families.
(3) To prepare children for their next educational environment.
A Teaching Assistant (TA) at The Rise School of Austin is responsible for maintaining a healthy and safe environment at all times in the classroom and other areas within the school building. TAs will be given more responsibility throughout the school year as requested and determined appropriate by his/her supervisors. A TA is an open, assertive and effective communicator, a willing collaborator and team member, and an early childhood teacher for children of ALL abilities.
Supervisors: Lead Teacher, Teacher, and Head of School
The Rise School is seeking to fill multiple TA positions!
- Professionalism: Follows program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Health and Safety: Trained and comfortable performing pediatric CPR and first aid. Maintains a clean and sanitary classroom environment, follows NAEYC, TRS, and licensing standards for sanitation and cleanliness throughout the school day (3-step process).
- Child Care: Supervise groups of 5-10 children, able to lift up to 40 pounds, engage playfully with all children under the guidance of the lead teacher and teacher, toileting and diapering. Classroom TAs are required to cover Floating TAs during their REP shifts in the event of an absence. A coverage rotation will be provided. Classroom TAs may need to cover the teacher when the teacher is absent.
- Professional Development: Complete annual minimum standards trainings prior to the start of the school year. Participate in trainings offered during the school year on campus by therapists, administrative staff, etc. Exhibit a desire to learn more about early childhood education.
- Team Player: Collaborate with teaching team, other teachers, therapists, and directors to grow professionally and to maintain the order and operations of the school. Assist with material and activity preparation and implementation. Must have basic office skills such as cutting, pasting, laminating, follow curricular decisions made by team and/or administration, assist with goal tracking, maintain consistency with BIPs.
- REP Teachers (floating teaching assistants): Maintain and follow a developmentally appropriate schedule of quiet and active play. Ensure needs of feeding and toileting are met in a timely manner; plan and prepare enriching activities for a group of 5-10 children. Hours vary, but full-time hours could be 9-5pm, 9:30-5:30pm, 9:45-5:45pm. Part-time hours would be 1:45-5:45pm.
- REP Lead Teacher: Plan, delegate the preparation, coach, and instruct REP teachers in how to implement developmentally appropriate, hands-on, and engaging activities with children (i.e. yoga, art, music, community involvement, playground or other activities as determined). Set up a system for child pick-up (sign them out of Rise care and into REP care on Brightwheel App) at 2:30pm and determine coverage for teacher absences.
- Set up a system for a REP teacher to prepare for students, check in with teachers, and ensure safety of play area. REP student hours will be from 2:30-5:30pm.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Child Development
- Experience in a day care or childcare facility, school, or program
- Certified in Pediatric CPR and First Aid (or willing to become certified)
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be physically able to be active with children (such as running, playing, sitting on the floor or playground turf)
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Computer Skills: basic skills on a Mac or Microsoft platform, Microsoft Office, Zoom meetings, e-mail, etc.
Those who are interested in working at Rise should email their resume to Anne Warren, Head of School, at email@example.com.
Individuals should state which position they are interested in (full-time or part-time).
Note: This job posting is for full/part-time positions. This is not an internship opportunity.