TEXAS SENATE – SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP
OFFERED BY: State Senator Beverly Powell (D-Fort Worth)
JOB LOCATION: Austin
JOB DESCRIPTION: Legislative Intern position in the Capitol office of State Senator Beverly Powell for the Summer 2021 semester. This is an unpaid position that requires a large amount of reliability and responsibility. This internship allows students an opportunity to gain direct knowledge of how a legislative office functions, and see the inner workings that are required to best serve the constituents of Senate District 10.
The internship begins on June 7, 2021 and concludes on August 6 2021, with potential to extend the internship. Typical hours will be 20-40 hours per week, with flexibility on scheduling.
Seeking individuals who can demonstrate the following skill set:
- Interpersonal communication
- Clear and concise written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally via telephone and email
- Compassion and kindness when working with constituents
- Strong organizational skills
- Serve as a liaison to represent the office at various meetings and events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and social networking websites
- Clerical Tasks
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEGREE STATUS: Current Student or Recent Graduate
CONTACT INFORMATION: Ben Wright, Legislative Director Office of State Senator Beverly Powell; P.O. Box 12068, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711; P: 512-463-0110; E: email@example.com.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP: State Legislative Office
POSTED BY: Ben Wright