- Zero Waste Workplace: Learn best practices behind implementing successful behavior-change programs, modify infrastructure, and work with building occupants to achieve zero waste goals. Assist with the rollout of composting collection programs.
- Zero Waste Events: Learn best practices and develop resources for reducing the amount of trash created at campus events. Consult with faculty or staff event planners before the event to provide guidance and attend events to provide support.
- Social Media & Outreach: Learn best practices in community engagement by planning outreach events, developing content for Resource Recovery’s Instagram and Facebook accounts, and supporting our Zero Waste Hero certification program.
- Interest and/or experience in sustainability and willingness to learn about the inner workings of recycling, composting, solid waste, and surplus
- Ability to maintain professionalism and represent the department well when communicating with faculty, staff, and students
- Comfortable with independent work
- Timely and effective communicator
- Ability to collaborate with small teams to produce quality work
- Organized and adaptable
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be comfortable working outdoors and in crowds
- Have a greater knowledge of sustainability considerations with regard to waste decrease and diversion
- Practice project management activities including planning, coordination, and implementation
- Enhance collaboration skills with other team members
- Work with a variety of campus entities to achieve project goals
- Engage and educate peers and staff to motivate behavior change, such as proper recycling techniques
- Improve professional communication skills, including Office365 email and calendar management
- Experience and strengthen oral communication skills through tasks such as giving trainings, presentations, and consultations
Please visit the job posting on Handshake by May 31st to apply.