Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our donors to nonprofit organizations, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has redistributed over 10 million pounds of food cumulatively, and almost 3 million pounds in 2022 alone.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Graphic Design Intern is charged with creating assets to help spread awareness of food insecurity and promote the RLC brand in the local and online communities. The assets will be a mix of offline and digital ranging from recruitment flyers to display ads, landing page design, and social media graphics. The Graphic Design Intern’s essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a wide variety of original assets for both digital and offline mediums
- Create a consistent look and feel for RLC graphics
- Collaborating with the Marketing Director to make sure we have the necessary graphics for all campaigns
- Researching market trends to come up with new ideas and designs
- Passion for mission-based work and interest in relevant business function; prior relevant coursework preferred
- Willingness to take initiative and collaborate with a team or manager
- Ability to work independently and persevere through ambiguity
- Eagerness to provide and receive feedback with an eye toward growth and development
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort representing RLC and engaging professionally with stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and manage an evolving workload
- Familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g., Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect, and responsibility
- Typing speed of 65 wpm is required
RLC interns have the chance to work closely with the executive team and have the opportunity to make a true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. This is a part-time, remote, unpaid internship, although interns will be reimbursed for travel if local to an operational RLC branch and actively complete food rescue pickups. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is in June 2023 with an end date in August 2023.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume. Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.